SB3 is one of four areas of concentration within the Molecular and Cell Biology Field of Study.
We study the structure, function and interactions of biological macromolecules.
- NESS ’17 RegistrationThe Registration site for the 14th annual NESS meeting is up: http://www.regonline.com/ness2017. Abstracts for posters and oral presentations will be accepted until October 13, 2017.
- New PublicationThe Alder lab has a new publication in collaboration with the May and Robinson labs: Malhotra, K., Modak, A., Nangia, S., Daman, T.H., Gunsel, U. Robinson, V.L., Mokranjac, D., May, E.R., and Alder, N.N. (2017) Cardiolipin mediates membrane and channel interactions of the mitochondrial TIM23 protein import complex receptor Tim50. Science Advances DOI: 10.1126/sciadv.1700532
- NESS 2017This year’s North Eastern Structure Symposium (NESS) will be held on October 28, 2017. The topic is “Through the looking glass: Inspecting Biological Processes by Cryo-EM.
Current research interests:
- Protein structure and folding
- Membrane proteins
- Protein design
- Multiscale molecular modeling
- Macromolecular interactions
- Virus structure and assembly
Nathan Alder, Program Head
Phone: (860) 486-5154