SB3 is one of four areas of concentration within the Molecular and Cell Biology Field of Study.
We study the structure, function and interactions of biological macromolecules.
- NESS 2017This year’s North Eastern Structure Symposium (NESS) will be held on October 28, 2017. The topic is “Through the looking glass: Inspecting Biological Processes by Cryo-EM.
- Simon WhiteSimon White will be joining the SB3 faculty in August. Simon’s research is focused on the mechanism of assembly of RNA viruses.
- Prof. Eric May and Postdoc Shivangi Nangia will use supercomputer for biomolecular simulationsProf. Eric May and postdoc Shivangi Nangia will investigate virus infection mechanisms on world’s Fastest supercomputer for biomolecular simulations. Drs. May and Nangia have received an allocation on the Anton2 supercomputer donated to the Pittsburg Supercomputing Center by D.E. Shaw Research. The allocation was granted based upon a competitive application process which involved peer review by a […]
Current research interests:
- Protein structure and folding
- Membrane proteins
- Protein design
- Multiscale molecular modeling
- Macromolecular interactions
- Virus structure and assembly
Nathan Alder, Program Head
Phone: (860) 486-5154